Module 3: Refined Map with Color

 


           

I chose colors that make the map easy to read and interpret. I used high contrast between text and background so labels stand out clearly without straining the eyes. To create a clear hierarchy, I applied darker shades for headings and lighter tones for supporting details. I also selected a color-blind–friendly palette to ensure accessibility for all viewers. For insights, I grouped related elements using similar color families, which helps users quickly identify patterns. I used bold or bright colors sparingly to highlight key data points, while keeping the background neutral so the focus remains on important information. These choices make the map both visually appealing and informative.

I added vector elements to make the map both informative and visually engaging. Icons like a person with a shield and masked figures symbolize protection and health awareness, helping viewers connect the data to real-world impacts. Virus icons in the background reinforce the COVID-19 theme without distracting from the main content. I used color-coded polygons in a green-to-red gradient to show death rates clearly, making it easy to interpret patterns at a glance. Borders and thin grid lines provide geographic clarity, while legends with gradient bars explain the color scales intuitively. These elements work together to guide the viewer’s attention, maintain clarity, and ensure the map effectively communicates both data and context.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LIS 4317 Final Project – Diamonds Analysis

Visualizing Distributions in R

Module 5. Part-to-Whole and Ranking Analysis