Module 5. Part-to-Whole and Ranking Analysis
I used a dataset that is split into groups (T, S, R, Q, and Other) for this lesson so I could see how each part fits in with the whole. It was easy for me to choose because the numbers make it clear how the different groups are different.
There are three different stories in the donut charts:
The total numbers are shown in X.1. "Other" is much bigger than the others.
In terms of rank, the average position shows that "Other" is way ahead of the others, with the others being close behind.
Time shows how long each group takes, and we can see that one group takes most of the time.
Visuals that show the relationship between parts and wholes are a quick way to show who has the biggest share. They look good on a blog and are easy to read. But it's harder to see the little changes between the slices, so a bar chart would be better some of the time.
In general, I like how this chart makes the imbalance clear while also letting me know the boundaries when I'm comparing small numbers.

Comments
Post a Comment